Thursday, November 7, 2019

100 THANKSGIVING CARDS


I have to give credit to my friend, Kris, who sent me a card very similar to this last year for Thanksgiving.  It was a great idea for me to use this year.

This post is a replica of a card that we made for a care center and an independent living center.  This was a sample that I had made up ahead of time but the ones we made actually used white card stock for the base since I didn't have enough of this paper.  The dp used was very economical since I was able to get it at Hobby Lobby for 4/$1.00. 

Leaves used on the cards were Maple and Oak leaves.  The large leaves were all cut from a discontinued SU card stock that matched perfect to the dp.  I think that was Ruby Red but not sure.  I had gold paper that made a nice accent leaf.  Fortunately since I needed so many leaves for that many cards I was able to cut multiple leaves at one time.


The sentiment is from Stampabilities.  Thank you for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

That leafy background paper is so pretty. I love those autumn leaves. I like the die-cut leaves, too. I bet the residents of the independent living center had all kinds of fun making these.

Lynette said...

Great card, Vicki. I'll say it once again - how awesome of you to make up cards for all of these holidays for the residents!

bonnie32002 said...

Good golly molly!~ 100 cards? Good for you and sharing your talent to bless others.

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...