Thursday, November 14, 2019

TRADITIONAL COLOR vs NON-TRADITIONAL - 2 cards



Sometimes I like to use non-traditional colors on Christmas cards.  I have a few of the new blender markers from Stampin' Up!.  I wanted to use the new Balmy Blue card stock so I picked out three colors that worked pretty well together.  The stamp is from Impression Obsession and I found a name for this one....."Patterned Trees".  

I wanted to make several of these so I used my MISTI to stamp them on the lower half of a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of card stock.  The trees were colored with Highland Heather, Balmy Blue and Old Olive & a Copic E31 for the trunks of the trees.  I added the gold metal pieces to the top of each tree and added the no brand Merry Christmas die cut.


I like the first card really well, but this one is my favorite.  I used the light and dark Old Olive blenders for this one and the Copic E31 for the trunks.

So which one is your favorite?  Thank you for coming by today!


2 comments:

Lynette said...

My favorite is the second one, too:) How fun!

Cheryl W said...

These are wonderful cards! I can see why you made several of them. I love them both, but I really, really like the non-traditional colors.

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!