Monday, January 13, 2020

ONE SHEET WONDERS

Have you ever heard of "One Sheet Wonders"?  It's where you take a piece of designer paper and make multiple cards out of the one sheet.  There are patterns on Pinterest for 6 x 6,  8 1/2 x 11 and 12 x 12 sheets.

The first one I tried is this one:


It was easy to follow because it had the measurements for each piece and the red numbers indicated which pieces would go together for all 14 cards.  The site also showed samples of all 14 cards which was a really big help.  

Since my large  trimmer isn't in the same room as my computer,  I took a 12 x 12 piece of white card stock and drew off these measurements so I could have it beside me when I did the cutting. This week I will be showing you all 14.


Card #1


Card #2


Card #3

This was my first set to complete so I kept them very simple but I really had fun making 14 cards so quickly.  Come back tomorrow and I'll show you Cards 4,5 and 6.

NOTE:   You need to use a pattern that is all over and not going in one direction.



1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

Wow! I'm really impressed, Vicki! I've never tried the one-sheet wonder card sets, but it sounds like a fun challenge. And I imagine, once you get the basic cards put together, you can always go back and add embellishments like flowers and die-cuts. I hope you will share the website that showed you how to make each of the cards.

A great way to use up sheets of your designer series papers is to do One Sheet Wonder patterns.  This one was a little different because you...