Friday, March 13, 2020

IT'S YOUR SPECIAL DAY


As you can tell by now, I've really been having fun using the shapes from the One Sheet Wonder patterns.  You don't have to do the whole 12 x 12.  You can cut pieces the sizes that are mentioned on the pattern and use up some small left over pieces of dp from other cards you've made in the past.

I'm going to continue making and posting cards that I've made with some of these shapes.  I'm trying really hard to use up some of the retired Stampin' Up! designer papers that I have.  My goal is to have a large number of cards to send to the Iowa Veterans Home.  I leave most of them blank inside so they can write their own message.  I also understand there are people there who will assist veterans in writing inside the cards. They have appreciated receiving them for the residents to use and I really don't have a good outlet for them otherwise.  Donating to  the veterans feels good.

Thank you for coming by today!   

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I think donating your beautiful cards to veterans is a fabulous idea. They will be so grateful and this will help them to know how much you (and all of us) appreciate their service. Thank you, Vicki, for your generous heart and creative spirit!

Lynette said...

That is such pretty paper, Vicki! I sure do love all the cards you've shared using it!

A few days ago I watched a video from  Karen Titus  using 1" squares.  I thought it would be fun to pull out some scraps from one of my...