Tuesday, April 14, 2020

BIRTHDAY CARD FOR GEORGIA


My friend, Georgia, celebrated a birthday last week.  Because she is "sheltering in place", her family and friends made sure she had a birthday she'll probably never forget.  They decorated her lawn, cards, food and presents were delivered to her garage and people drove around her block a couple of times honking and then stopping to sing happy birthday to her from their cards.  How great is that!!!

The reminder on my computer had not been set up to remind me a week earlier.  This is the card I made for her on the day of her birthday and sent to her.  

I had a piece of  Yupo paper that had been inked.  I punched the circle from the white 4" x 5 1/4" white card stock and then added the Yupo paper behind it.  The bird is from a Recollections die set that I had never used I really like the silhouette look against the background.


This is actually the first one I made but in true fashion had a very tiny black mark that showed up from the "warm wishes" stamp that didn't make me happy.   I had already thrown away the small piece of unused Yupo paper and pulled it back out of the wastepaper basket to die cut the little sprig.  There was still enough that I cut the second one to add to Georgia's card.  I like the one I sent to her the best because I used the Certain Celery card base.

Thank you for stopping by today!


2 comments:

Lynette said...

Such a cool card, Vicki! Georgia certainly had an awesome birthday!! So very special, for sure.

Cheryl W said...

Both your cards are beautiful, Vicki. I love the bird silhouette against the colorful background. I like this design idea so much I may give it a try for a sympathy card. That sounds like quite a birthday celebration for your friend. People are getting a little more creative as to how they celebrate special occasions during these difficult days.

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...