Wednesday, April 8, 2020

EASTER CARDS FOR GRANDCHILDREN


This is the card I made for five of the grandchildren.  I usually try to make a different card for each one of them, but this year I made five of them alike.  I just thought this was such a cute die.  I had a package of dimensional stickers that I used on the cards.

All of us are choosing to socially distance ourselves on Easter Sunday.  Each of our daughter's families will be celebrating privately on their own as will my husband and I.   Before all of this hit our area on one of my last shopping trips I picked up some vellum Easter bags and some treats. (I think I mentioned them in an earlier post.)  Because we aren't going to all be together I'm really glad I made up those treats for the grandchildren.

One of our granddaughters who goes to the community college near here is accustomed to being able to stop by and visit with us on a regular basis.  The college is closed for classes on campus but she still has on-line classes and she needed to take some copies at our home.  All of the libraries are closed and you can't get into the banks to make copies.  We allowed her to come but asked her to make sure her hands were clean and that she touch as little as possible.  We gave each other virtual hugs from a distance.  When she left, I wiped down my printer, computer, the stairwell, and door knobs.  After doing that, I was really upset and kept saying "I hate feeling I have to do this!  She's our granddaughter! I hate it!"  The lack of hugs from family members is the hardest thing for me.  I hope all of you are staying safe and doing well.  STAY STRONG!

Thank you for coming by today!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

So cute, Vicki! I love the embossed clouds in the background. It's a shame we have to be the way we are these days, but it's the way it is:( I'm glad you were able to see your granddaughter, though.

Cheryl W said...

Your card is so cute, Vicki! I think you pointed out on one of my blog posts that we both have this die. I love it, too. I used it last year and put a little paper egg in each bunnies hands. If you want to see what that looks like, you can go here: https://paperpanacea.blogspot.com/2019/03/here-comes-peter-cottontailand-his.html

I know what you mean about missing hugs from grandkids and other family members. It's so hard! I have three grandkids that live just blocks from me, and we've stopped over in their yard to talk to them (from a distance, of course), and I so want to reach out and hug them...but can't. Arrrrrgh!

Jeanne H said...

Darling card! I too miss hugging my grands. They are all teenagers, but good at hugging normally.I haven't even seen them, but think I will drive over and talk from a distance. Thanks for sharing.

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...