Wednesday, April 29, 2020

STAMPIN' UP! - 2 cards w/Magnolia Lane DP

I just realized I hadn't posted anything yet this week!  I had these cards all lined up in a folder but forgot to put them on my blog.  I took an online retreat Saturday and have been busy making up cards from what I learned so my focus was obviously on doing those.


This is not a card from those classes.  It was a very quick and easy card to make though.  I simply matted a 3 x 3 piece of Magnolia Lane DP on a piece of white card stock and adhered that to a black card base.  On a separate piece of white card stock I stamped the sentiment.  Inside the card is a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of white card stock for a sentiment and to write my message.


Using the same  size pieces of paper, I colored the flowers on the dp with a Real Red Blender from SU.  This will make a great Christmas card.  Since my Christmas stamps are all put away for now, I will add a sentiment to the front and inside when I am preparing the rest of my Christmas/Holiday cards.

Thank you for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Both your cards are lovely, but I think that Christmas card is a stunner. I love the rich red of the poinsettias against the dark background.

bonnie32002 said...

Wow! What a difference in the look between the two cards when you colored the flowers. I've never done that; something that i will have to consider if I need to change the DP up.

Lynette said...

So simple and so pretty, Vicki. That is very lovely paper.

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...