Monday, May 18, 2020

CHALLENGE - Make A Pop Up Card



The retreat started off with this as the first class and I thought I was going to be in for a real challenging day.  I watched the class but decided to try one of these much later.  Since I had decided to make some of these into holiday cards, that helped me get started when I was brave enough to give it a try.  The theme I chose was Christmas.  

The card base is SU Pool Party card stock.  I stamped the very large snowflake with VersaMark on Pool Party card stock, heat embossed it with white powder and then cut it out with the matching die. (See below for inside.)


This proved to be a really fun project and I'm so glad I took up the challenge.  I think whoever receives this card and opens it will get a nice surprise.

Tomorrow:  Mystery Challenge 

Thank you for coming by today!


5 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Oh, wow! Whoever receives that card will definitely be in for a wonderful surprise when they open it. It looks like it took a fair amount of dry-embossing and die-cutting, not to mention the stamping, heat-embossing and construction. This is a gift all by itself!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and amazing card!

Carol

Anonymous said...

Oh that's just beautiful very well done!
Nancy

Lynette said...

Oh, Vicki - that's beautiful! That sure looks like a fun, amazing class.

Anonymous said...

Well you aced it! It surprised me when you showed the inside. I think it is an amazing card.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...