Wednesday, May 13, 2020

CHALLENGE: Using a provided format


The pretty designer paper I had used on the Starburst card was still on my table so I decided to use it for this challenge.  It was a quick and easy card and went out in the mail the same day I made it.  

A family friend heard we were running out of puzzles and actually ordered two for us.  When the package arrived, we had no idea what was inside because we hadn't ordered anything from that company.  Inside there were two 1000 pc puzzles!  There was no name to tell us where it had come from.  We assumed it was from one of our daughters but she denied it so I posted the story on Facebook.  The mystery was then solved but she said she had wanted to keep us guessing for awhile.  

I wanted to thank her for the surprise so returned the favor and sent her a package of my cards and this thank you card.


This was not part of any challenge but since I had a small piece left I decided to make one more quickie card with it.  The mat isn't from Stampin' Up! but happened to be in my container of small paper pieces and it matched perfectly to the green.  Waste not, Want not.  

Interesting note about this card:  I was preparing it to send to a friend and her husband who celebrated their anniversary on May 3rd.  I had added a white piece of card stock inside for the sentiment and added it to the inside. But then I messed up when stamping the sentiment. I was able to remove it and made a new insert before adding it to the card, but this time I added it and it wasn't straight at all so I tried remove it and in the process the fold of the card tore!  I cut the front off and added it to a 5" x 6 1/2" card - but after i made sure the inside was done just right!  At least I saved it!

Tomorrow:  Make your own Designer Paper (Now this was a challenge for me!)

Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Gorgeous paper and pretty cards. I have SO much pretty patterned paper and I need to use it. So much material - so little time! :) I'm glad you were able to "fix" the card. It turned out great.

Cheryl W said...

Your cards are really pretty! I loved your story about your struggle in getting the inside of your card right. That has happened to me, too--multiple times! I've finally resigned myself to the idea that sometimes I just have to waste a little paper to make it right.

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...