Saturday, July 4, 2020

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY


Saturday is not a day I normally post cards but I wanted to show this one instead of a graphic flag.  

In the past I haven't made 4th of July cards for the residents where my mother has an apartment.  Because they are still all locked down due to Covid-19, I thought it would be fun to make cards for them.  I made 42 of these for them and a few more.  The design is virtually the same as one I spied on Pinterest when I was looking for ideas.  I even had to turn to eBay to buy the stamp set.

Today my husband and I celebrate the 52nd anniversary of our wedding.  He's a keeper.  My parents were married on Flag Day so we always teased them that we not only get the flag flying on ours but we get fire works all over the country.  The 4th fell on a Thursday in 1968 so it gave us a few extra days for the wedding and our trip.  Where have the years gone?

Have a great weekend!  Stay safe!



4 comments:

Lynette said...

Happy Fourth, and Happy Anniversary!!

Cheryl W said...

Your card design is wonderful and the residents will love it. So kind of you to think of them! Congratulations on your anniversary, too. Fifty-two years is quite a milestone. I wish you m any more happy years together.

Anonymous said...

Love this card and Happy Anniversary!

Carol

Jeanne H said...

Happy Anniversary. I hope you were able to celebrate despite the virus outbreak.

   These are two cards I made using the second format from Robin Armbrecht's video.  (You can see a link in yesterday's post.)  I li...