Friday, October 22, 2021

STAMPIN' UP! - Bird Ballad dsp #8


Monday I mentioned that I'd have cards using papers from this designer series through yesterday.  Later I realized I had another card started.  I had covered the entire card front with the dotted Petal Pink paper.  I had three strips of the blossom paper left over from other projects so I trimmed them down to an appropriate size and matted them with Pool Party card stock.  After adding them to the card, I had no idea where to go from there.

Yesterday I pulled out the stamps again and came up with this card.  The birds, branch and leaves were were colored with blender pens......Light Pool Party, Dark Crumb Cake and Light Old Olive.  Since I didn't feel the Petal Pink blenders were a good mach to the dsp, I pulled out my Copic markers.  I found that the R11 was a great match and colored the little flowers with it.

Thank you for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Very pretty, Vicki. Such a classic layout.

Cheryl W said...

I often find that I have to walk away from a card mid-process when I get stuck. I can then usually figure something out when I come back to it, just like you did. Your card turned out great. I love the bird image in the center. It was the perfect way to finish the card.

Raquel said...

Another home run!!!! Beautiful!!!! Raquel

Jeanne H said...

An excellent card today. Wish I had bought that dsp!

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...