Tuesday, August 6, 2013

BIRD ON A BRANCH


Last week I saw a card that I really liked here:  Bonnie Szwalkiewicz - The Craftiblog.  Since I had the SU bird punch I decided I would make one right away. Bonnie's card is really neat while mine is much more simple, but I used the same idea.
 
The red bird was made from a scrap of Real Red card stock and then I lightly sponged the edge of the bird and wing with some Close to Cocoa ink to give it a little more character.  The branch was punched from white card stock and sponged with colors.
 
Among my wide collection of embossing folders I have one that looks like a wood grain so it was the perfect chance to pull it out to use on Chocolate Chip card stock.
 
The little banner was created by stamping the sentiment first on a strip of white card stock.  Then I trimmed down the width of it and scored 2 lines on each side of the sentiment about 1/4" apart so that one was folded back and one forward.  I mounted the sentiment with pop dots on the far edges. 
 
There is one thing I would change..........I would have done something more with the background behind the bird/branch.  Maybe just sponging a light blue for some sky with a cloud.

Here is a picture of Bonnie's lovely creation:
Check out Bonnie's blog...........she makes beautiful cards!  Thank you for stopping by here today!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

simple and lovely - as always
~Pat!

Anonymous said...

I think your card is every bit as beautiful! I'm enjoying seeing all your posts and card ideas. I've never done the little trick with the banner, so will have to try that.

Bonnie

Joanne said...

WOO HOO....LOVE it with the wood grain background! Also love your coloring of the bird and leaves!

Heather T said...

Both of these cards are lovely and the shading on the birds really make them come to life.

Lynette said...

Great card, Vicki! I have lots of those birds in my card parts box and I really need to do something with some of them!

This is the  video  I used to make this card using more retired dsp. After I finished, I was a little dissatisfied with the white background...