Tuesday, February 2, 2016

FUN BIRTHDAY CARD


Sorry I didn't get a card posted for yesterday. Since we were under a winter storm watch for today, I ran some errands for my mother and myself yesterday.  Then I started working on some pieces for Valentine cards and then went to the Iowa Caucus for our precinct last night.  I have only gone to one other Caucus back in 2008.  It's very interesting to participate in one.  This morning I realized I had forgotten to squeeze in a post for my blog.

Our grandson, Tucker, is going to turn 10 this coming Sunday.  We won't be seeing him so I had to get his card ready early and give it to his mother who was here last Friday.  

Making cards for kids can be a lot of fun but since I was hurried, I once again turned to Pinterest.  I saw this card made in different colors and an additional layer.  Since my mother sends cards to her great grandchildren for their birthdays, I think I'll probably be making more like this for them.

Weather predictions for us were off unless there is more to come later.  We got less than 2 inches but then it started raining.  It's above freezing so I think we're going to be fine.  It is pretty windy though.

Thank you for stopping by today!

UPDATE:  Someone asked about where I got the birds.  I'm sorry the message went to my SPAM folder.  I don't have a way of contacting you directly so hope you see this.  The birds are circle from dies or a punch and the wings for 2 of the birds are from a Stampin' Up! punch.  Everything else was just cut from scraps.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

What a cute card, Vicki! It's sure to be a hit!

Anonymous said...

Great card for kids

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...