Tuesday, August 20, 2013

WEEK OF BUTTERFLIES - Day 2


Today's butterfly was made with the same image and colored the same way as yesterday first card. 
 
I started with a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of white card stock and scored it at 5 1/2" for the fold.  A Spellbinders Classic Square die was used to cut a window onto the front side.   A mask was placed over the front of the card so that I could sponge a light yellow background on the inside and then the butterfly was attached with Tombow glue.
 
So many times I don't notice that I have black ink on my fingers and once again I got a little black spot on the front of the card, but it was covered up nicely by stamping a smaller butterfly over it and coloring it with the SU marker.  I then added the sentiment and the card was finished.
 
Thanks for coming by today!  Will you be back for Day 3?

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Very pretty! I always love the "windows."

Anonymous said...

Pretty. Pretty Pretty
~Pat~

Joanne said...

Your butterfly cards have all been GORGEOUS! I heard there is a butterfly garden in Ames....wouldn't it be awesome to stand in a room of fluttering butterflies?

One of the cards made on  this  vi.deo used this stamp from the Flowing Flowers set.  This isn't a two-step design and I wasn't sure...