Monday, April 2, 2018

BEAUTIFUL STAMPIN' UP! DP



I saw a card on Pinterest using this layout.  I chose different papers which made my card a different color than the one I saw.  The sentiment I used is from Stampin' Up! as well but different than the card I CASED.  

My "stash" of designer papers needs to be used.  Although I won't be able to use up what I have in my lifetime, you will be seeing more cards this week using some of them.

Last Wednesday we picked up two of our grandchildren who were on Spring Break.  We love having Tucker and Taryn come and usually have some fun things to do.  Making a double batch of cut-out Easter sugar cookies was high on the agenda as well as making a double batch of chocolate chip cookies for Grandpa.  I still have a box full of Easter candy molds from "back in the day" when I was selling Easter suckers and boxed pieces of all kinds.  I had intended to sell them this year but forgot so I brought one of them out with some candy melts for them to make some little chocolate bunnies.  Needless to say Taryn latched on to several of the molds and took them home to play with there.

The kids went home on Saturday but we went to their home yesterday for a grand Easter Dinner.  Their father was a chef at one of the popoular restaurants in the Amana Colonies when he was going to college.  He is now a pharamacist but could sure open his own restaurant the way he cooks!

Thanks for coming by today!

Thank you for coming by today!

UPDATE:  To answer a question about the flowers in the middle section of this card.  I fussy cut them from the designer paper. The designer paper I used was from the SU "Painted Blooms" designer paper. I used two sizes of Spellbinders square dies for the layered squares. The card base is 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". The white layer is 5 1/4" x 4". The colored card stock is Pacific Point from SU.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this card!!!! Well done!
Nancy

(The old) Vicky said...

I love this card- simple yet beautiful! Could you tell me how you did the flowers in the middle section, where “ For You” is stamped? Did you stamp the flowers and then color them? If yes, what stamp did you use?

lake stamper said...

I love the card and it was very well done and I do enjoy your posts. I would appreciate more information about the specifics of the card - like measurements, name of DSP packet from which a sheet came, and Name of stamp set. It took me forever to look through my DSP stash to CASE your beautiful card.

Since this pack of dsp was still on my table, I decided to try another layout that was something I don't think I had done before.  Once ...