Wednesday, April 11, 2018

DRAPERY FOLD CARD


Recently I saw a card on Pinterest using this fold.  It was so pretty!  I found several YouTube videos and each seemed to use different measurements so I pulled out some papers that I wasn't really fond of to experiment.  It took several tries before I got it right.  Some of the ones I tried didn't go from edge to edge even though I had used the measurements furnished.

Once I found one that worked really well, I needed to find just the right double-sided designer paper in my "stash".  The measurements I chose use a piece which is 11 1/2" x 4" which gives you enough to make 3 cards from one sheet.  However, I found that I was 1/2" short of reach completely across the card so I left it 12" x 4" and it came out just right.

To cover the top edge you could add a pretty ribbon but I chose to use a punched scallop.  The dragonfly is a Stampin' Up! die cut.  I didn't want to add the sentiment in black with such a soft color on the dp.  It looked very close to SU Baja Breeze....which turned out to be a little brighter but still worked.

If you want a link to the directions I used for this fold, just let me know.  Thank you for coming by!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Cool fold and pretty card, Vicki! Great persistance, too:)

Anonymous said...

Love it Vicki!!

Nancy

And here are the final four cards you get from  this  video by Karen Titus.    I may try to do this with some papers from some other collect...