Saturday, March 28, 2009

WITH SYMPATHY


Last night DH was watching the basketball games and consuming my laptop playing his favorite game so I took advantage of the time to make a couple of cards. I just received an order yesterday which had the Seafoam White Embossing Powder. I actually thought it would be white but it was really a little too creamy to put on white paper...........which worked out great in the end.
I embosssed the butterflies on vellum and then cut them out. I also embosssed a flower stamp on vellum and mounted it on a piece of the Snickerdoodle paper from Lasting Impressions. I used a corner punch on the four corners of the layers. Then I ran the front of the card through using a CB folder and added the flower layer and the Butterfly.
The second card was made in the same manner only I stamped a sentiment on the outside of the card. I'm not real fond of the brads I used on the corners of the sentiment but the adhesive I used to attach vellum to cardstock was showing through so I covered the marks with the brads. I should have used pearls since I didn't use them on this butterfly. Not sure what I'll put inside but may just leave it blank for a handwritten message.
Thank you for looking. Hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

These are both SO beautiful, Vicki! I love them!

Angel ^j^ said...

Hi Vicki! I think the brads were a great choice --- We're always too critical of our own work --- I think you did a pristine job --- its GORGEOUS!

And here are the final four cards you get from  this  video by Karen Titus.    I may try to do this with some papers from some other collect...