Friday, March 27, 2009

TWO CASED CARDS

The first card below is one that I started to case made by a friend on our Yahoo group. I soon discovered that when using the CB Swiss Dot folder on just part of the layer, it makes a big difference in the direction that you use it. I had even gone so far as to count the number of dots she had used vertically and horizonally. Mine didn't look like hers. If you look closely, you will see that the space between the dots in a row are different if you look up and down or sideways. (Is that clear as mud?)

Determined not to waste the piece, I went ahead and made a card that was designed vertically instead of horizonally. I don't think it will show but the black paper is the Black Licorice Dot and the white is is Powdered Sugar both being from Lasting Impressions. Buttons are also from Lasting Impressions. The scalloped edge was made with a Martha Stewart punch.

The second try resulted in this card. Once again all of the papers are from Lasting Impressions.

The colored papers on these two cards have been discontinued but I do still have some in stock if you see something you would like. Thanks for looking and hope you are having a great day!

2 comments:

Leon Ancillotti said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lynette said...

Great cards, Vicki. Thanks for the case:)

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...