Wednesday, November 2, 2011

PENNY BLACK - Snowflake and Holly

I can't believe it is November already!!!  So I am going to start posting ideas for Christmas/Holiday cards.When I saw this stamp, I knew I was going to want it to use for some of this year's Christmas cards.  The first thing I did was to stamp it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink so that it could be colored with Copic markers.  I like to use layers on cards and I prefer using 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 cards.  This stamp was so long that I wasn't sure I'd have a die to cut it out that would be good proportions.  The largest die from Spellbinders Labels Seventeen turned out to be the only die I had that would not cut off part of the design and since it was the largest one, I wasn't going to be able to add an additional layer under it.

Once the design was cut and embossed, I sponged the area around the design using Ranger Distress Ink Bundled Sage which seemed to go well with the Copic green I had used.  I sponged that same color a little heavier over the area with the snowflake.  The design still looked unfinished so I used Red Stickles to enhance the berries and added the three small dots as well down in the lower corner.  The card base was embossed with the new SU Snow Burst embossing folder.

I have a second card made using the same stamp which I will be posting tomorrow.  Thank you for stopping by today!  Your comments are always welcome...............I really enjoy hearing from you!

Supplies for this card you can order from me:  
Penny Black stamp, Spellbinders Labels, Copic markers, Memento Ink, Distress Ink and Stickles.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Vicki, this is stunning! I am really loving the white embossing you've been using!

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow that is a gorgeous image Vicki! And you colored it beautifully!

Annie said...

Another classy looking card Vicki, like the colors and the sponging!!

Sheri said...

Vicki, I really love this one. Love the holly and the Stickles really make the difference and add some sparkle. You did a fantastic job, my friend

Anonymous said...

absolutely beautiful
~Pat

Anonymous said...

I love the this card Vicki.
~Pauline

This is the  video  I used to make this card using more retired dsp. After I finished, I was a little dissatisfied with the white background...