Wednesday, August 7, 2013

90th BIRTHDAY

 
One of my mother's dear friends is going to celebrate her 90th birthday in a few days so Mother asked me to make a special card for her.  One of my friends had forwarded a link to me showing me this new technique so I decided to try it.
 
My card stock is SU Pacific Point.  First of all I stamped the Serene Silhouettes design with SU Craft White ink.  Once the white ink is dry I stamped the design on top of the white but just a fraction of an inch off to the right to give a bit of a shadow affect.  (It is supposed to be a faux embossed look.)  I did the same thing with the little butterfly.
 
The "90" was cut out from SU Pacific Point dp using some Cuttlebug dies that I have had for a very long time but only used once or twice.   I tied a piece of white lace around the top layer before adding it to the white mat. 
 
Before attaching the top two layers to the card base, I embossed the base with the Swiss Dots folder.  Last of all I popped the little sentiment on with foam dots.
 
Thank you for stopping by today.............I'd love to hear what you think of this card.
 

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Know what? I honestly thought the flower WAS embossed....and was reading to see how you did that with a stamp! You ROCKED the technique....plus have a GORGEOUS card!

Sheri said...

I agree with Joanne. I thought it was embossed as well. What a pretty card!

Harriet Skelly said...

Beautifully done - the flower definitely looks embossed!!

Anonymous said...

love this one
~Pat~

Lynette said...

I love this technique and have been thinking lately about doing it again. It is such a great effect and definitely looks embossed.

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...