Monday, August 5, 2013

EMBOSSED BIRD ON A BRANCH


I wish the embossing on this card showed up a little better.  It's a really neat bird on a flowering branch.  The turquoise card stock with the embossing already done was given to me by my friend, Kris, when we met in Des Moines this summer.  I added the white butterfly from an SU punch.  The ovals were also made with an SU punch.  Sentiment is a retired Hero Arts stamp.
 
To emphasize the black oval, I added tiny black metal embellishments to the butterfly, flowers and the bird's eye.  I wasn't sure whether to add the layer to a black or white card base but as you can see I decided to use the white one.
 
If you have questions, let me know.  Thanks for coming by!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Very pretty, Vicki! What a great idea to add the gems. Funny that we both have those cards on our blogs today, after a month and a half!

Sheri said...

I love the gems too. It really makes the image stand out.

Anonymous said...

don't you just hate it when something doesn't work the way you want it too. great color choices for the card
~Pat~

One of the cards made on  this  vi.deo used this stamp from the Flowing Flowers set.  This isn't a two-step design and I wasn't sure...