Friday, August 9, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TARYN!!!


So can you guess how old our youngest granddaughter, Taryn, is today?  This was really a fun card to make.  I have several InkyAntics HoneyPop stamp sets.  They are fun to use with the HoneyComb papers but this time I just used the set for the stamps.
 
The elephant, hat, balloon and gifts were all paper pieced onto the already stamped design on the white layer.  There was a lot of  "white" space and rather than stamp a sentiment on the left side, I decided to take two sizes of the number "6" stamp and randomly stamp them around and one onto the balloon. 
 
Wednesday I went to town and bought her two cute little outfits.  She loves leggings.  One of the sets has a Minnie Mouse on the front and since we are taking the whole family to Disneyworld in November, I thought it would make a really fun outfit to wear.  Sure hope she likes them as much as I do.  She really LOVES to color so I bought her a fun coloring book and a new box of crayons.   Who doesn't like opening and using a brand new box of colors.  Even if I had a box of crayons left from the previous school year, I looked forward to getting a brand new box.
 
Well, it's another Friday and we have a busy weekend ahead so.......I hope to see you back here on Monday.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Oh, what an awesome card for Taryn, Vicki! She's going to love it for sure! The elephant is darling, and I sure do love all the "6"s on the page.

Anonymous said...

am sure this cute baby elephant will be a big hit. love all the 6's
~Pat~

This is the  video  I used to make this card using more retired dsp. After I finished, I was a little dissatisfied with the white background...