Wednesday, August 28, 2013

SILOUETTE STEMS in black and red


My goal was to make a third card using the black/red/white combination.  The black polka-dot dp was a scrap on my table and I attached it to the card base which had been stamped with the script design. 
 
For the sentiment I cut out a white circle using Spellbinders Classic Circle die and sponged it with grey ink before removing it from the die......and then matted it onto black card stock.  The sentiment is a retired Hero Arts stamp.   This piece was added to the card before making the flower design.
 
Using red card stock I cut the stems and decided it was too much red.  A second set of stems was then cut with the black card stock and just the flower buds were attached over the black ones. 
 
Friday there will be one more card using this die but tomorrow is for a special friend. Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

OH WOW......this black and white with the pop of red is GORGEOUS! Love the paper and the way you did the stems differently. You ARE going to use this die a lot.....the cards you are making with it are wonderful!

Lynette said...

Ahhh, black, red, and white - always a fabulous combo! Very cool, Vicki!

Harriet Skelly said...

Love the design of this card Vicki! Of course this color combo rocks!

This is the  video  I used to make this card using more retired dsp. After I finished, I was a little dissatisfied with the white background...