Friday, February 3, 2012

STAMPIN' UP EMBOSSING FOLDER

Very recently I saw a card like this on "The Paper Players " January 28 post.  The card was made by  Diane Vander Galien and I loved it!  

I have had the embossing folder for quite awhile and never came up with anything that I was happy with.  When I saw her card I knew I had to case it.  I chose different colors, different punched border and a different ribbon to use for the bow.............but basically the card followed her layout.  The SU papers I used were YoYo Yellow and Wild Wasabi.   

I did make a second card using the same colors as Diane but placed the designs on the opposite sides of the card.  I also made one using SU Lavender Lace card stock but not happy with that color with the green.  I even added some yellow to the center of the flowers to give a focal point but it still doesn't strike me as a "winner".

Using my fingers I cupped the flower to give some dimension to the design and added the ribbon bow.

Thank you for stopping by!  I hope you will take time to leave a comment.....I always love hearing from you!

9 comments:

Lynette said...

Such a pretty case of a very pretty card, Vicki!

Annie said...

I love your layout and design of this card, beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Vicki, love the embossing folder you used on your blog...with the poppies...so striking!!!!

Also intended to tell how much I like the last 3 cards for January...very simple but classy.

Georgia

Michaelene said...

The card is so elegant! I love the embossing! Just beautiful!

Harriet Skelly said...

Beautifully done Vicki!

Diane Vander Galien said...

Great job Vicki!!! Glad my card inspired you!!! One of my favorite cards and techniques- so easy to change out the color!!! Thanks again, Happy Stamping,Diane

Joanne said...

WOW Vicki...the folder is PERFECT with that stamp!!! Such a gorgeous card! (ps. what company makes that stamp?)

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty, Vicki! Great colors!

Linda Fisher said...

A BEAUTIFULLY cased card! This is one of my favorite color combo's.

From the pattern on  this  video you will get two cards with this layout.  These are mine. Thank you for coming by today!