Friday, June 14, 2013

PENNY BLACK - Trees and Birds


The colors on the picture are lighter than on the card IRL.  I took a piece of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of card stock and cut out a circle with a Spellbinders die to use as a "stencil".  I placed this piece over another 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of white card stock and sponged Daffodil Delight ink into the opening.  The tree and bird stamps are from Penny Black.  Sentiment is a retired stamp from Hero Arts.
 
Next I trimmed down the image layer and added it to a slightly larger brown mat, and then onto a yellow mat before adding it to the white card front.
 
I've done a similar card but stamped the tree and birds with black ink as a silhouette.  I thought it might be fun to see what it looked like in color.

If you like the stamps, let me know and I can order them for you.........and at a discount.  Thanks for stopping by!
 

2 comments:

Bonnie32002 said...

I've been meaning to stop by and let you know that I like the two step stamps you've been using too. This scenic card is right up my alley too!

Joanne said...

LOVE this card...and have these stamps! Thanks for reminding me how awesome of a card they make!
Now to get them out and USE them!

From the pattern on  this  video you will get two cards with this layout.  These are mine. Thank you for coming by today!