I just finished this card and it truly was an experiment. This was a stamp that I had purchased in Branson MO several years ago. The example they had made with it was done by stamping it on a clear acrylic sheet and then filling in the areas with various colors of glitter. It was gorgeous. BUT I could not get a good stamp without the ink smearing............so the stamp had been sitting here not getting used.
As I was getting ready for the recent stamp sale, I debated whether to sell it or not. I stamped the design off several times onto white card stock and then again on vellum. Glad I did make stamp offs because the stamp did sell!!!! Next problem was trying to color the image on vellum with a marker that wouldn't leave streaks. After using 3 different markers I went back to my trusty Copics. There were some streaks but not as bad.
I found that running the image through a Xyron with the colored side down to get the "sticky" adhered, I was able to add clear glitter and the result was that the glitter completely hid any streaks from the coloring. YAY!
I'm very pleased with how the card came out but not pleased with the picture. I tried several different places to take the picture with different lightenings and I just couldn't get the picture to show the beautiful sparkle from the glitter. I wish you could see it as I see it. I then trimmed the image and mounted it onto white card stock which really brought out the colors better. Using foam dots I added it to the front of the card which had been embossed with the SU snowflake folder.
Thank you for stopping by!