Monday, January 28, 2019

VALENTINE #1


My friends and I like to get cards done early for the independent living center and the nursing home.  One of my friends was sick the day we wanted to do these.  She was missed!  Two of us managed to get 97 cards like the one above done in about 2 1/2 hours.  I always have things cut in advance so that helps a lot.  

The border was made using a Martha Stewart punch which required punching the red card stock three times to get the entire width.  After punching 44 of the heart borders, I decided to just cut narrow red strips for the other 53 cards.  

The cute little kitty is a Penny Black design.  I did color all of the hearts for the cards before getting together because I knew that would take some time.  The gray fur and pink ears and cheeks were colored the day we put the cards together.  Since the design was going to be matted Copic markers were used to color the image. 

Thanks for coming by.

No comments:

And here are the final four cards you get from  this  video by Karen Titus.    I may try to do this with some papers from some other collect...