Monday, June 29, 2020

STAMPIN' UP! - Breathtaking Bouquet


I saw a card made with this stamp and it was done with Gold on Black card stock.  I loved their card but a little disappointed in my own.  The card I saw must have used a super fine embossing powder. because the lines were very detailed.  Mine turned out to be a lot thicker.  It is a little prettier in person but still not as nice as the one I saw.  I may use this card for someone celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary.

I stamped and embossed the top of the cake in the "Happy Birthday to You" set and then fussy cut the cluster of two flowers.  I added it to the card with two foam pads.  Three sprigs from a Tim Holtz set were cut from gold glitter paper and tucked in under the piece that was popped.



Does anyone have any suggestions about gold embossing powder that leaves a really fine, detailed image?  

Thank you for coming by today!


3 comments:

Lynette said...

I love gold on black - what a pretty card! IS there super-fine embossing powder? I do have detail embossing powders and am very happy with them.

bonnie32002 said...

This is lovely and must be a real eye-popper in person!

Cheryl W said...

I think your card looks great! But I think you might be happier if you used a glossy black cardstock. The gloss provides a slicker surface that allows for more delicate heat-embossing, kind of like vellum.

And here are the final four cards you get from  this  video by Karen Titus.    I may try to do this with some papers from some other collect...