Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Birthday


Christmas hasn't come and gone but it's time for me to turn my attention to some other more "all occasion" cards. My first one is for someone's birthday.

The Cuttlebug folders make greeting cards so easy to make without a lot of effort. Using Snickerdoodle paper from Lasting Impressions I cut a piece 4 1/4 inches by approximately 5 inches. I used a Martha Stuart punch for the scallop and Cuttlebug folders for the embossing....leaving enough room to stamp the Happy Birthday. After I realized that the black stamping on the ecru paper was rather harsh, I added two strands of narrow ribbon to help tie it together.

This 4 1/4" x 5" piece was then mounted with double sided tape onto the main card. What I like most about this card is that this type of design can be used with various sentiments on the open space for stamping...........anniversary, get well, thinking of you etc. There's no limitations to it's use.

4 comments:

Lynette said...

VERY pretty, Vicki! My favorite kind of card - white on white:) I love your Cuttlebugging.

Anne said...

Lovely card, Vicki. I love simple, yet elegant.

One of your old neighbors

Annapurna said...

Nice card. Great idea to make some with no sentiment and stamp what you need when you need it. TFS.

Is that sentiment by SU? Sorry if I missed reading it in the post.

Your labels buddy. Anna :-)

Linda Crowder said...

Found you from a link with My Stamping Addiction. I love your pretty and easy to make cards. You and your husband are remarkable, 40 years with your best friend. I was heading that way, too, but he died at Christmas time, 2006 from sudden illness. I miss my other half, and I MEAN my other HALF. I am just no longer Whole. But I have my blog and blog friends. Check me out sometime at http://astrokeabove.blogspot.com/ I wish you many more years! Linda Crowder Ferris TX

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...