Saturday, April 7, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GEORGIA!

Recently I ordered and received the beautiful Cheery Lyn Designs die "Small Lace Faerie Queen".  It is so delicate but cut perfectly through the dp I used.  The three layers of green dp are from Memory Box.

I ran the front of the card through my Cuttlebug using a folder from Sizzix.  To follow through with a design from nature I thought the leaves were a good choice to go with the butterfly.

The two green layers were cut using Spellbinders Labels 11.  I attached the butterfly to the die cut layers by applying Diamond Glaze to only a few spots of the center of the design so that the wings were left free to give some dimension to the card.

Recently I have needed quite a few birthday cards.  This card was sent to my friend, Georgia, who is celebrating her birthday today. 

 Thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

How very pretty! That is one lacy butterfly...and if you want to send some die cuts my way; I sure won't complain!

Lynette said...

Gorgeous butterfly, Vicki - and a beautiful card! I know Georgia loved it!

Sheri said...

what an amazing card Vicki! You outdid yourself

Joanne said...

You did a wonderful job on this card...and the leaves embossing folder is perfect with that gorgeous butterfly!

Ann Schach said...

One word for this card, Vicki...stunning! I LOVE that butterfly!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...