Saturday, September 29, 2012

BUTTERFLIES IN FLIGHT

 
One of the cards we made at the August SU Workshop used a technique that I had not used before.  We used a long acrylic block and colored the yellow, green and pink colors right onto the block using SU markers.  Then the acrylic block acted as the stamp and we "stamped" it onto a piece of white card stock.  It gave a watercolor affect.  Matching cardstock colors were used to punch the butterflies.  I haven't used this technique again yet, but I know I will.  I like it as a change.
 
Your comments are always welcome and appreciated!  Thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Very pretty, Vicki - great colors! I had forgotten about that technique - I'll have to try that again.

Sheri said...

Oh golly, Vicki, this is just amazing! Thanks for sharing it with us

Harriet Skelly said...

I love this card and technique - I need to try this!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Vicki! This is a great design!

Joanne said...

Wasn't this fun to do? I'll never look at my acrylic blocks the same way!!

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...