Monday, October 12, 2015

CASING MICHELLE ZINDORF


We needed a masculine birthday card for someone who was turning 85 last Thursday. Masculine cards are always difficult for me...........so Pinterest was my source of inspiration once again.  I ran across a card that had been cased from one that Michelle Zindorf had made.  The technique they used was "direct to paper" using the ink pads.  I did not have good success doing it that way.  By sponging the colors on instead I was much happier with the results that I got.  

You can see Michelle Zindorf's card here:  Serene Silhouette – Tutorial #542 |

Instead of the silhouette image that they used, I pulled out one of the stamps from Stampin' Up! Lovely as a Tree.    I also drew some little birds into the "sky" and added some random dashes with a white gel pen to the "water".

This is a design I believe I will use again. It was easy and I was very pleased with the results.  What do you think?  I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Vicki, this is amazing! Just beautiful!!

Lynette said...

What a beautiful background, Vicki! Nice drawing.

CARDS FOR TWO CARE CENTERS

This past Tuesday one of my friends came and we assembled cards for two care centers.  The pictures show an assortment of the papers that we...