Thursday, August 31, 2017

PENNY BLACK Promise of Spring Sticker


When I started making cards for a nursing home and independent living center I did a couple of holidays by myself.  Then another friend started helping and now a second friend is helping.  We haven't done any holiday cards since Easter, but we decided that we have so much fun when we get together that we would just do some fun things with cards. It has been a real gift to me to have two friends who come and enjoy the same craft as me.

One of the friends has just started making cards herself and is a natural!  Her excitement has been contagious for the other two of us.  Last week I wanted to show them that some great cards can be made using stickers.  I have a lot of Penny Black stickers and happened to have three sheets with this design on it.  But then it was, "What are we going to do with it?"  Pinterest, here I come.  I found a card very much like this one.  That one had two more elements on it but we simplified ours.  

I already had the Cuttlebug embossing folder, a Penny Black die with the branch of birds (It's a bird's life) and the Memory Box die (Fresh Foliage).  Now three more sheets of stickers have been used and I love this card.  There were additional stickers on the sheet and some of those cards will be showing up soon.

Thank you for coming by!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

That's a great layout, Vicki. Great way to use up stickers. That is so cool that you have friends to come over and play! :)

Anonymous said...

Our card looks great!!!

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...