Tuesday, March 8, 2011

QUICKUTZ BUTTERFLY

I've seen several cards recently where the paper or flower was attached to the front of a card and then the entire front embossed with an embossing folder.  The light blue paper with the flower is a piece from a KaiserCraft 6" Paper Pad - "Tea at Elsie's Collection".  It doesn't show real well in the picture, but there is kind of a Lacy-look border around the dp.  The butterfly was cut with a Quickutz die using paper from the same paper pad.

While we are updating our living room and other area of our home, I may be a little sporadic about leaving posts.  Right now everything is in disarray around here.  I'll get here as often as I can.  Don't think I've disappeared.  I will be back!

Thank you for stopping by!

7 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh, wow, Vicki, this card is absolutely stunning!! I love that awesome embossing folder you've used and that butterfly....oh my gosh, I love that butterfly!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Ann Schach said...

One word...stunning!

Mary said...

I have not seen this technique used until now. I love it and I think that you card came out beautiful!The DP, embossing folder and the butterfly are all lovely together.

Mary

Sheri said...

Very pretty - love the paper and the butterfly

Lynette said...

Very, very pretty, Vicki! Love the butterfly and your patterned paper!

Curt in Indy said...

What a wonderful technique. This is the first I've seen it. You did a beautiful job with it. Love the way it looks on the card! Just beautiful. Best, Curt

Linda Fisher said...

I love this card! Very thoughtful of you to keep us in your thoughts in the middle of your disarray!!

And here are the final four cards you get from  this  video by Karen Titus.    I may try to do this with some papers from some other collect...