Tuesday, March 22, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRIS

My friend, Kris, had a birthday on Sunday and this is the card I made for her.  The embossing folder I used is one of the new Sizzix embossing folders.  It is part of the 2 piece set "Flourish, Floral #2 and Flowers #6".  The sentiment is from Make An Impression stamps and was stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed with Egyptian Gold embossing powder.

The sentiment was cut and embossed with a Spellbinders Classic Oval.  It was then mounted onto a Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Oval of Gold paper.  The picture tends to make it look brown.  The dragonfly is from a set of K & Company stickers that also includes butterflies and bees.

If you are interested in the new Sizzix embossing folders, let me know.  I can now order them for you.

I always love reading comments that you leave so if you are seeing this card in an email, just click on the heading and you will be able to tell me what you think. 

I am so ready for our new carpet to be put down.  We took the old out 17 days ago.  Painting the walls and ceiling has been done for over a week.  Nearly everything was removed from the living room so the old carpet could be taken out.  Almost every room has items in it until we can get moved back in. I've been more patient than I thought I would be but I will thoroughly enjoy having things in an orderly fashion again. 

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh, Vicki, what a beautiful, elegant and so very timeless card!! That embossing folder is awesome and that touch of brown underneath the sentiment if the perfect pop!! I love this card and I am sure your friend Kris did too!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lynette said...

Beautiful card, Vicki! I love that embossing folder, and the sentiment is great.

Barbara said...

Beautiful card! The embossing folder is gorgeous - I love the blank area for the sentiment, which you have done beautifully, too.

Annie said...

gorgeous card!! love the embossing folder you used......can we buy that one by itself?
Great sentiment also.

Anonymous said...

I really like the Sizzix embossing you used on this one. I may have to have this one. Keep up the beautiful work! ~Linda

Ann Schach said...

So classy and elegant, Vicki! I love this embossing folder!

Anonymous said...

Love the card Vicki. Elegant

Marge said...

This is sooo beautiful, Vicki!!! Hadn't seen these EFs, but they are fabulous!!!

Melanie C said...

Beautiful card! Great job with the challenge. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...