Wednesday, March 23, 2011

FUN BIRTHDAY CARD

I have an expansion folder FULL of stamp offs that I have made from my own stamps or stamped off design from stamps of friends.  Today I decided to get into that folder and find something to color.  I had several of these stamped off and thought he was so cute that I'd pick this one for today.  This one is a design that I used from a friend of mine when our Yahoo Group gathered in Des Moines, I think.  At least I don't remember that I have that stamp. :)

I colored the design with my Copic CIAO markers and then cut it out using the Deckled Edge Oval from Spellbinders.  The top 3/4 of the card base was stamped with a large stamp of the sky with clouds using a light blue ink from SU.  Then I decided to sponge some of that same light blue ink onto the oval piece around the colored image.

The image was attached to the card and then a green strip of SU Wild Wasabi card stock was punched with the Martha Stewart grass punch.  It felt like the green areas was too wide so I took a piece of white card stock and stamped the Happy Birthday.  Using one of the new Spellbinders Banner dies I cut and embossed that piece.

Two more days until our new carpet goes in.................Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Adorable, Vicki! Cute image and you colored it so well. Love the scene you have created, too.

Ann Schach said...

This is so cute, Vicki! The image is just adorable!

Barbara said...

This is so pretty, Vicki! I hope spring has finally arrived up there. I want to visit my aunt and uncle in Cedar Rapids soon, but it's got to warm up! I love to visit the Amanas in the spring and maybe a trip to Pella for the tulips!

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...