Monday, August 19, 2013

WEEK OF BUTTERFLIES - Day 1


Since I love including butterflies on a lot of my cards, I decided that this week all of my cards will have one.   Today's card has a layer of white popped with foam dots on a white card base.  The layer was partially embosssed with a Cuttlebug folder that has butterflies on it and the bottom left plain so the sentiment could be stamped at the bottom.  It isn't clear on the picture but two lines were scored just under the embossing. 
 
I inked the butterfly with VersaMark and then VersaFine Onyx Black before stamping it onto white card stock.  It was heat embossed with clear powder.  Before cutting it out I sponged Tempting Turquoise ink over the entire image.  After cutting it out there were hints of white around the edge so I touched them up with a Memento Tuxedo Black marker.  The butterfly was then attached to the embossed layer.
 
Note:  On my first attempt the first layer was "ruined" when I stamped the image.  I had not noticed that the edge of the rubber had been inked and a ridge of black showed above the sentiment in three places.  See the card below which was my "save". 


I used the Martha Stewart punch with 3 butterflies on it to attach on the little areas where black ink was unwanted.  I decided to also use a different MS punch to make a butterfly which was just the right size to place over one of the embossed butterflies which was the same shape.
 
Thanks for stopping by.........hope you come back tomorrow to see Day 2.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Both of your cards are so pretty, Vicki! Love the embossing and scoring. Great save, too!

Harriet Skelly said...

Love both of these Vicki! Looking forward to the rest of the week of butterflies!

Sheri said...

Both are beautiful but the first one is especially striking!

This is the  video  I used to make this card using more retired dsp. After I finished, I was a little dissatisfied with the white background...