Monday, September 2, 2013

GATE FOLD CARDS - Day 1

 
Recently I saw a gatefold card on a blog and thought how it is really neat how you can get a lot of different looks using different papers and designs.  The card I saw was not just the standard gatefold and there was a tutorial for it but I am so sorry I am unable to find it at this time.  I will post it later if I can locate it.
 
In the meantime I will try to explain it the best I can.  The card is made using a double sided dp which measures 5 1/2" x 12".  Score the card stock at 2", 4", 8" and 10".  Along the 5 1/2" sides, place a light pencil mark (which can be erased later) at 2 3/4" on each end.  Using a trimmer:  On the left hand side of the card cut from the 4" scoring line to the 2 3/4" pencil mark but save the triangle.  Do the same cutting from the 8" score line to the 2 3/4" mark on the right side.  The triangles will be used on the opposite sides at the bottom of the card.  The piece on the front is attached with foam dots and only on the left hand side of the card when it is "closed" .
 
The picture below shows how the card will look opened up.

 
Here in the United States, today is a National Holiday.......Labor Day!  I hope all who are celebrating will be enjoying their time and travel safely! 

Tomorrow through Thursday I will be showing you more samples of this type of gatefold.  I hope you will give it a try.  It's a fun way to surprise someone with a non-traditional card.  If you have any questions, be sure to let me know.
 
Thank you for stopping by!!!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Love this design! Looks like ther are several layers and the papers you chose are wonderful!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...