Friday, September 6, 2013

DIRECT TO PAPER TECHNIQUE

 
I have used the direct to paper before but this time the idea was to use just the edge of the pad and to quickly "swipe" it randomly across the front of the card.  I accidentally ran across this method on Pinterest.   I chose three of the new SU colors:  Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantelope and Coastal Cabana.  As the video I saw mentioned.....you won't get two cards that turn out exactly alike.
 
The wispy look is just perfect for using a butterfly and if you visit here a lot you know I love using butterflies. 
 
The card I saw on Pinterest was arranged much like the one below but she had trimmed the "hello" with a pleated ribbon and had used a different butterfly.  Lisa had layered her design as you can see on her video here:  Pinterest


That's all for this week.  I hope you'll come back Monday to see what I have for you then. 

3 comments:

Sheri said...

That is beautiful! Love those colors too! Cool technique :)

Bonnie32002 said...

Great color choices...and I love the effect!

Anonymous said...

wow....absolutely simple and effective. love this look
~Pat~

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...