Tuesday, November 19, 2013

CHRISTMAS TREE IN RED & WHITE

Today the staff is putting on a Thanksgiving Buffet for the residents where my mother lives and their guests.  Ideally each one would have 1 or 2 family members join them.  I have an appointment that I am unable to change and I am so thankful to my husband for stepping up and offering to join my mother for that meal.  I've heard they put out an outstanding buffet!
 
While I was working on a couple of cards a few days ago using ribbons, I decided to make one more with a combination of red & white ribbons.
 
 
After getting the ribbons taped down in place on the back side, I added another piece of thin white card stock to the back to protect the edges of the ribbons.  The  piece just seemed to plain so I sponged on some Real Red ink around the tree and still wasn't satisfied.  Since the white ribbon had the red polka dots, I punched out some tiny red circles and added them around the tree.It seemed to fill in the blank space better.
 
The final step was to make the big bow using the oval punches as I described in my November 5th post.  Once again the plain white bow looked too plain so I added another red punch to the center.
 
Thank you so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Lovely holiday card - love that big bow!!

Annie said...

Lovely card, unique bow!

Anonymous said...

great card

Lynette said...

How awesome of Gary to go and have the Thanksgiving meal with your mother! Great card, too. Love your additions. The tree is very cool.

One of the cards made on  this  vi.deo used this stamp from the Flowing Flowers set.  This isn't a two-step design and I wasn't sure...