Thursday, November 21, 2013

STAMPIN UP "TOO KIND" Stamp Set


I love that the flowers are two-step stamps.  I made several cards yesterday using this set and will be showing them on the blog in a few days. 
 
The card base is white card stock and I added Baja Breeze (solid) and Baja Breeze striped dp for the background.  I used Baja Breeze, Marina Mist and Old Olive inks for the flowers.  To finish the image I sponged Old Olive ink around the stems to "ground" them and also very lightly sponged Baja Breeze for some "sky"
 
Although I used two colors for the flower blossoms, it also works well if you want to use just one color.  Stamp off the more solid design once before stamping it onto the image.  Then  stamp the 2nd step with the design fully inked.  You can get a nice result that way as well and there is no problem trying to get two colors to coordinate.

(NOTE:  When this first got posted I had given the wrong name for the stamp set.  I had started to post a different card and then forgot to change the name of the stamp set.)
 
Thank you for stopping by!

4 comments:

Bonnie32002 said...

I love the extra sponging to ground the flowers. I have wanted to get this set but will have to wait for a bot. It sure does make pretty cards!

Annie said...

This is such a pretty card, you really have that two step stampin down pat! Love it!

Joanne said...

Well done.....love the colors you chose!

Lynette said...

Very pretty - nice soft colors!

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!