Tuesday, November 5, 2013

RED CHRISTMAS BOW


I'm trying really hard to use up some of the papers from the many little paper pads that I have.  This striped paper was one of them. I cut a piece of white card stock and cut out the tree shape using a Spellbinders die from the Nested Pine Tree set and then mounted it onto the card front using foam dots.  To finish the card, I made this pretty red bow.
 
When I attended the last Stampin' Up workshop, I didn't know how to make these really neat bows but learned that they are SO easy to make using Stampin' Up punches.  Punch two large ovals and two small ovals and fold them in half.  Tape so the folds stay shut.  Assemble them on the card as shown.  The "ties" of the bow are simply a strip of card stock or paper slipped under the loops. The center of the bow could be a large pearl or gem, but to simplify for mailing I used a small circle punch to add to the center.  (Using dp would be much better because card stock is a little too heavy for a nice fold on the ovals, but I didn't have any plain red dp.)

To make the ends of the "ties" you can simply snip out the edges but if you have the SU Hexagon Punch, it is very simple to do them this way.  I believe it was Ann Schach (The Stampin' Schach) who posted this tip one time:  She uses the new Hexagon punch to make the ends of the "ties" on the bow" by just slipping the end of the paper slightly into the edge of the punch like this.

Thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

LOVE this bow.....and thanks so much for the hint on how to make the ends, too!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Vicki! Great holiday colors! Thank you for the shout-out, too!

One of the cards made on  this  vi.deo used this stamp from the Flowing Flowers set.  This isn't a two-step design and I wasn't sure...