Friday, November 8, 2013

STICKERS ALL USED UP


The card base for both of these cards is Stampin' Up Real Red card stock.  I had two sheets left of these stickers so I decided to do something a little different.  I mounted the main design onto white card stock and trimmed it before adding to the front of the card.   One of the card bases was embossed with the snowflake folder and the other with the "Petals-A-Plenty" folder. 
 
Then I cut out the ornaments and the poinsettias from the second sheet.  The cut out ornaments were added with foam dots on the edges and bottoms of the cut out pieces but glued down the top edge.  Then a "twine" bow was added to the top of each ornament with a glue dot. 
 
For the poinsettias, I simply added the cut out pieces all around with foam dots.  And then added the "Joyous Noel" sticker diagonally between the two flowers.
 
Since I send cards to a lot of elderly people who are in care centers or indepenedent living centers, I need to be able to make some quick and easy cards and yet do my best to make them attractive.

Thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Two really nice cards!! partial to the ornament one. What a nice touch with the twine!

Lynette said...

Very pretty way to use up your stickers!

This is the  video  I used to make this card using more retired dsp. After I finished, I was a little dissatisfied with the white background...