Monday, November 11, 2013

WHO ELSE HAS DONE THIS?


My friend Lyntte and her husband celebrated their anniversary this past Saturday.  There has been a lot of stress in this house recently and I mistakenly sent her a birthday card!!!  I realized what I had done and found another card to stick in the mail to them before their anniversary.  When I realized what I had done I let her know and told her to consider this card a RAK.  She knew all that had been going on here and naturally understood.  I have a wonderful group of friends on a Yahoo Group!!!

I've never made one of these cards but had seen one at an SU Workshop and then recently saw one again on Pinterest so I decided to give it a try. 
 
I used Stampin' Up dp from a "Just Add Cake" paper pack which is retired.   I had the inside of the card all planned out but wasn't sure how to finish off the front.  Balloons seemed to be a good choice and I had this little stamp sitting on my table.  Balloons from a die or punches would also have been a fun way to decorate the front.
 
Lynette, I hope you and Jim had a special day last Saturday!!!  Here is the ANNIVERSARY card which was sent the day I realized what I had done.

 

6 comments:

Joanne said...

Love BOTH cards, Vicki! I have done that before.....as well as not remembering if I had mailed them a card and sent another! Consider it their BONUS cars.....smile! It is a beautiful one.

Bonnie32002 said...

Yep! I have done stuff like this. Only in my case, I had two friends having an anniversary. I can't believe I sent both cards to the same person!

Anonymous said...

great card for a little one

Ann Schach said...

Well...so far I have not done that...but I have probably jinxed myself now. lol But, what a fabulous card to send by mistake. I have not made this style yet, but it is an awesome style. The anniversary card is gorgeous!

Sandy said...

Yup, did this many years ago when I was still buying my cards. Found what looked like the perfect card for my sister-in-law's BD. Put the one back I had in my hand as it had been well handled and picked a "clean" one. Didn't notice until after I gave it to her that I'd picked up a mother-in-law card. We still joke about it!

Lynette said...

Both cards are great, Vicki! I hadn't even opened the birthday card yet - I was going to keep it until December and open it then! But now that I've seen the picture, I'm off to check it out. Thank you SO much for BOTH cards!

This is the  video  I used to make this card using more retired dsp. After I finished, I was a little dissatisfied with the white background...