Monday, December 16, 2013

STAMPIN' UP! - BEAUTIFUL SEASON

I thought I had scheduled posts for last Thursday and Friday but with all that has been going on, I guess that didn't get done.  I have been busy getting our Christmas and Holiday cards out to friends and family.  We also had the funeral of one of my husband's cousins.
 
 
I'm sorry I guess this set is retired.  I bought it last year after Christmas but didn't get around to using it until this year.  Actually I didn't make these cards until after I had more than enough to send for 2013.......so I have a head start on 2014. 

 
 
Intended for December 12: This first card was made using a retired SU embossing folder on the front of the card base.  I then stamped the design on a piece of white card stock and colored it with my Copic markers and SU markers.  The design was cut and embossed with a Spellbinders Classic Oval and then mounted onto a mat which had been cut with the next largest Classic Oval.

 
Intended for December 13:  For this card I stepped it up a bit and added some more layers. The ecru colored card base was embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.   I thought this piece of dp that I had in my "stash" went nicely with the stamped design.  This time the stamped design was added to a mat of SU Garden Green card stock.  Using a Spellbinders Labels 28 I cut out the sentiment from the Beautiful Season stamp set and then edged the label with the green ink and lightly sponged additional green ink over the sentiment.

I hope you enjoyed these two cards that did not get posted last week.  Thank you for stopping by.........and please stop by again soon.  Your comments are always welcome and appreciated!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neat set. Too bad it is retired. We are homeward bound.

One of the cards made on  this  vi.deo used this stamp from the Flowing Flowers set.  This isn't a two-step design and I wasn't sure...