Monday, December 2, 2013

STAMPIN' UP! - Of the Earth


Today I'm taking a little break from Christmas cards.  My post for today is later than I had planned but I feel like I'm still catching my breath after a very busy four days of activities.

One of those activities was this past Friday when I went to a craft show with one of our daughters and two granddaughters.  One of the crafters there had a huge selection of her hand made cards using stamps from various companies.  I was pretty sure I had the right stamp set for this card so I bought one of hers to help me remember how I wanted to make one like it.

The card she made used similar colors but the ones I chose are just a little brighter.....Riding Hood Red, Marina Mist and Wild Wasabi.  I stamped the design in each color on white card stock pieces measuring 1 1/4" x 3".  Before adding the pieces to the front of the card with foam dots, I embossed a portion of the card front with the Swiss Dots folder.  Two lines were scored under the floral designs.  The sentiment is one I have in my stamp "stash".

I made two others similar to this using Birthday sentiments and I can see the same thing being made with a variety of other colors and other designs.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Very pretty. I do believe I have that stamp, too:)

Sheri said...

Such a pretty card and such pretty colors! Well done!

Bonnie32002 said...

I love the clean look to this and the colors. How nice of you to buy a card at the craft fair when I know just how many you make. Lol!

Heather T said...

That's a familiar card. I made the very same one years ago! It is fun to see it pop up here.
Thanks for leaving me such lovely comments on my blog. I am enjoying browsing through your latest cards and seeing many pretty designs and colour schemes.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful! Clean and perfect!

A great way to use up sheets of your designer series papers is to do One Sheet Wonder patterns.  This one was a little different because you...