Monday, February 3, 2014

HAPPY WATERCOLOR

 
 
 
One of the new Stampin' Up! stamp sets is Happy Watercolor.  I used one of the stamps from the set to stamp the colored backgrounds.  The colors I used are Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit and Gumball Green.  I applied each of the colors to the stamp and then spritzed with water before applying it to the paper.  After the colors were dry, I inked the dots and stamped them over the appropriate colors.  I purposely stamped some of the dots to show on the white card stock.
 
Then I stamped the floral design using VersaFine Onyx Black ink.  When I was preparing the layers to add to the card base, I accidentally got a little water on the white layer.  Since it showed, I added a little butterfly dimensional sticker on top of the smudge.
 
I have more ideas for this stamp set, so I'm sure you'll be seeing it again.  If it is a set you think you would like, let me know and I'll order it for you. 
 
Thank you for stopping by today!

1 comment:

bonnie32002 said...

I have been stamping a pretty long time. I was around when the first Shadow Block stamps came out...it was sad when they fell out of style.

I love your design and the colors make this pop!

From the pattern on  this  video you will get two cards with this layout.  These are mine. Thank you for coming by today!