Friday, April 10, 2015

SPONGING BACKGROUNDS

 
I used the basic idea and colors that I saw on another card, but mine looks totally different.  I sponged SU Ballet Blue, Calypso Coral and Wild Wasbi on a piece of white card stock.  By masking off various areas I ended up with something that almost looks like a blue sky, maybe a mountain and the grassy field below.....if you use your imagination. 
 
I trimmed the piece for a top fold vertical card which is mounted on a piece of black card stock.  I added the Penny Black die cut of the bird on a branch and stamped the sentiment.

 
I did a second piece using the same colors but for a top fold horizonal card.  You don't end up with two sponged areas that are just alike. 
 
This picture is strange.  There is no blue below the black mat so I'm not sure why it looks that way............I even double checked the actual card but decided not to take another picture since I'm already late getting this posted. 

I love the black silhouette against the sponged areas.  What do you think?

3 comments:

Lynette said...

They are both very pretty, Vicki. I love the font of the sentiment. Looks like a shadow under the image panel to me.

bonnie32002 said...

Love the sponged background. The second one looks like it could be a lake. I agree with Lynette, that is probably a shadow on that 2nd card.

Sheri said...

Very pretty. Love those colors together.

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!