Wednesday, May 6, 2015

BUTTERFLIES IN FLIGHT

 
A few weeks ago I received this card from my friend, Harriet.  She knows how much I love butterflies.  A few days later I decided I would try to CASE it with some butterfly stamps that I have and used very similar colors -- inks from Stampin' Up!...................here is my "version" of her card...........
 
 
I'm not as pleased with my card because my butterflies were maybe a bit to big to do it, but it was fun anyway.  I had never done a raised "die cut word" like that before either so it was a new technique for me to try. 
 
This got posted a little late in the day but once again I've been working on clearing out items for a Stamp Sale which will be May 15-16.  There just aren't enough hours in the day lately.
 
Thanks for coming by!
 
NOTE:  I thought I should clarify how the "happy" is done.  After the layer with the butterflies was stamped, I die cut the "happy" from that layer.  Then I cut two more from white card stock and adhered them all together on top of each other with Tombow Mono Liquid Glue.  The layered die cuts were then added back onto the card so it is popped.

2 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

OK, first of all I want to come to your stamp sale! The only place I've been getting my supplies lately is rummage sales so they really excite me lol!

2nd...the size of the butterfly's on your card are just fine. I'm thinking more of a random placement might make it more pleasing to you? Lovely colors and I too have never tried the raised die image. It looks might tiny to get 3-d mounting tape on!

Lynette said...

That is such a cool sentiment technique. I haven't tried it yet, either. Great cards - both of them:)

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...