Friday, January 29, 2016

BUSY, BUSY SCHEDULE

I'm sorry to say there will be no card today.  If you saw my post yesterday, you saw the "reservation" card that we made for tables at a Hot Stove Banquet tonight.  I had 5 of them to finish off this morning and was extremely careful not to spoil any because my daughter would not be able to get the letting done again in time.  

Wouldn't you know I still had one thing happen that made me hold my breath.  I used Copic markers to color the designs and my red marker started running out of ink!!!!!  Fortunately I had another marker the same color to finish the job.  You may not know it but Copic markers might be difficult to find right now.  My distributor is only getting only about 10% of the ones they want and I saw another Internet site that must be having the same problem.

The week has been very busy!!!  My husband has had me doing some things helping him to prepare for this banquet.  There were 22 signs to make (double sided) and 18 place cards for the 2 VIP tables.  He needed labels for the silent auctions and help putting things in the large basket of baseball items for the door prize.

As if we weren't busy enough, both of us were also dealing with insurance situations, financial matters and other things for our elderly mothers (93 and 96)..........making phone calls and dealing with paperwork.  

I was hoping to get something made for today, but I finally just burned out!  I'll concentrate on next week.  It sounds like we are going to be in for some weather on Sunday and possibly a REALLY BIG snowstorm on Tuesday so I should have time to make some cards again.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Busy, busy! Good luck with everything. Hope you get more stamping time soon.

A great way to use up sheets of your designer series papers is to do One Sheet Wonder patterns.  This one was a little different because you...